Questions? Call 1-519-648-2985
MBSR Training for life.
iPad and Smartphone compatible.
Mindfulness training online is self-paced.
Self-paced & no previous experience is required.
You can download all course materials, to use later.
M.B.S.R. online program is cost effective and convenient.
$299 (33% off)
How the Online MBSR Training works:
- Start at any time
- Your training is self-paced
- There are 9, 2 1/2 hour lessons
- Each lesson:
- contains 12 lesson topics
- (108) audio, video & text topics
- has questions for personal reflection
- requires daily formal and informal practices
- A ‘Certificate of Completion’ with successful course participation.
- The curriculum is by the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
- The M.B.S.R. course is self-paced and done at your convenience anywhere.
Full course support is available by:
- Phone: 1-519-648-2985
- Email: StressReductionTraining@gmail.com
Reasons why people train in M.B.S.R.:
- GI distress
- Chronic pain
- Anxiety and panic
- Sleep disturbances
- High blood pressure
- Compassion Fatigue
- Stress — job, family or financial
Studied Benefits of MBSR Training
- Cognitive benefits
- Emotional benefits
- Physiological benefits
- Increased self-awareness
- Increase in positive thoughts
- Increased ability to concentrate
- Increased capacity for empathy
- Increased capacity for compassion
- Lower blood pressure and pulse rate
- Increased ability to regulate emotions
- Increase in ability to be non-judgmental
- Increased brain activation in regions associated with positive thoughts and mood
What is Mindfulness?
Broadly defined, mindfulness is learning how to use our natural mental faculties of attention & intention. We first bring a non-judgmental attention, to our daily life experiences. Then we choose a wise intention, to match any of our life experiences. This deeper understanding of our life, results in more health & happiness. As we practice mindfulness we have less stress & more calmness, clarity and choices.
What is MBSR Training?
Mindfulness training is a way of learning to consciously and systematically work with stress, pain, illness, and the challenges and demands of everyday life by not turning away from them but learning how to be resilient with and through them.
Mindfulness is already within the human experience. A deep internal resource of attention, intention and attitude that is available to us. Mindfulness is patiently waiting to be used in the service of learning, growing and healing.
“Mindfulness is moment to moment, non-judgmental awareness.” -Jon Kabat Zinn , Ph.D. (1990)
HISTORY of MBSR:
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) was founded by John Kabat Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center in 1979. MBSR has now spread to multiple populations including health professionals and medical and nursing students, as well as in numerous settings including work places and educational institutions.
BENEFITS of Mindfulness:
Two decades of published research indicates that the majority of people who complete MBSR courses report:
- Improved self-esteem
- An increased ability to relax
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Reductions in pain levels and an enhanced ability to cope with pain
- An ability to cope more effectively with both short and long-term stressful situations.
Mindfulness is not:
Mindfulness is not something that one gets or acquires.
It is already within the human experience. A deep internal resource of attention, intention and attitude. That is available to us and is patiently waiting to be observed and used in the service of learning, growing, and healing.
The 4 basic MBSR practices are:
- The Body Scan- mindful attention while lying down
- Mindful Walking- mindful attention in daily life and activities
- Mindful Sitting Meditation- mindful attention while sitting still
- Mindful Stretching- mindful attention while stretching or doing yoga
The lessons are highly participatory and includes:
- Poetry and Articles
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Audio’s with 22 practices and practice forms
- Daily home assignments- at least 45 minutes a day
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practice
- Inquiry exercises to enhance personal awareness in everyday life
- Instruction on stress response and stress hardiness models and research
* Optional, A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook by Bob Stahl, can be ordered from Amazon.com ($19.)
It is indeed a radical act of love just to sit down and be quiet for a time by yourself. It is only love that can give us insight into what is real and what is important. And so a radical act of love makes sense- love for life and for the emergence of one’s truest self.
“Mindfulness is a life skill.”
-G Ross Clark, C.C.P.,